Pages

Saturday 24 May 2014

She - The unknown

It’s a chilly night. Though there’s no wind, the air is cool. I am sitting on a knee, there are two friends of mine who are accompanying me in the work I am currently engaged in. It has something to do with arranging lights, and I am uncoiling the entangled threads of lights. Both of them enjoy their work and often crack jokes which they roll up laughing while I am on my work with a straight face. I assure them with a small smile when they see me. They ask sometimes what’s wrong and later continue their work when I tell them nothing. All of a sudden, I feel excitingly strange like the way you feel when caught a glimpse of something magnificently stunning. I calm myself and turn around and there she is. She is walking towards me and my heartbeat resonates her footsteps. Adrenaline rushes in, my head feels heavy, my eyes without a blink. She passes me and the scent that I had always loved fills me, deep down. I notice she is wearing something green, her eyes had always been this shiny. I gaze and she smiles, not at me but my friends, her friends but I cherish it, I capture her smile for the many times I would see it again in my thoughts. She asks the boys how all the work is going, I don’t know what they said. She smiles again and my heart smiles. I am still on a knee with eyes hitting her, I notice nothing but how nicely she smiles. She readies to go and waves them bye, I wish I could scream not to go but this is how I am, silent. Her pretty face replaces her glossy hair while I am still amused at the sight between both, the paced reaction viewed in the slowest possible motion in my mind. She goes and I still stare at her moving stance until what remains is the consolidation of stars, fragrant air and the bare land on which she walked. She neither looked into my eyes nor did she utter any word for me. I blink and tears fill my eyes as I close them. I look down and continue to uncoil the entangled threads of light.

She - A glimpse
Posted by Aditya

No comments:

Post a Comment